Head of Performance Marketing
You will be responsible for leading a newly established team of 2-3 juniors and driving performance across a range of biddable media channels, particularly paid search and paid social. This will involve working closely with our key clients directly and a range of wider stakeholders to ensure all campaigns meet our client KPIs and creates sustained advantage across brand, performance and commerce.
You must be data literate and confident using Google Analytics, Data Studio, Tag Manager & DV360. A strong analytical mind is vital and competency using Excel (VLOOKUPs, pivot tables, SUMIFs etc) as you will be providing meaningful insights and advice internally and externally.
The role represents a unique opportunity for an ambitious individual, as you will have the opportunity to evolve the agency’s paid media approach and processes from on-boarding through to reporting.
EMI (Enterprise Management Initiative) share options are available to high performing and exceptional applicants.
- You will be an implementation client contact and responsible for delivering best in-class performance and strategies across Google Ads (Shopping, Search, Display, YouTube, Performance Max), as well as TikTok, Facebook, Pinterest & Amazon.
- You will work with our Client Services team to create proposals, pitch new business and develop growth roadmaps for our existing clients.
- You will be responsible for managing optimisation of budget across channels, audiences, and creatives when a campaign is in flight to ensure we deliver on our objectives for any given brief. This will require close collaboration, clear decision making and leadership.
- Lead and develop new processes to allow for agile deployment of budget across channels, reporting and daily, weekly and monthly optimisation and visibility checks. Formally document these processes and train your team in them.
- You will input into and lead a cross channel test, measure, learn and optimise philosophy to ensure continual creation of insight to improve campaign performance.
- You will understand the performance of campaigns at both a macro and micro level to ensure recommendations to clients are based on sound data and can lead to quantifiable growth.
- You will regularly establish meaningful and engaging relationships with clients via email, video conference, Slack and in-person, ensuring they receive total transparency and are well informed.
- You will work closely with other departments to help inform our approach to the wider system e.g. creative, client services, social and on occasion, a network of trusted freelancers
- Proven experience in a digital agency environment
- Experience planning and buying on at least two of the following channels: paid search, programmatic, paid social or affiliates.
- Experience working with eCommerce and/or tourism brands on performance marketing campaigns.
- A highly analytical and outcome driven mindset with a passion for data, analysis and measurement.
- An understanding of how to effectively interpret performance data to make effective optimisation decisions.
- An understanding of all the variables that can be managed to drive performance improvements across brand and performance campaigns.
- Experience in developing and implementing test and learn plans with evidence of scaling and reapplying insight across channels and clients.
- Working knowledge of third party technologies such as Data Studio,
- Confidence in addressing groups of people, with an ability to distil complex digital ideas into useable information
- A collaborative nature who can successfully manage and unite multiple stakeholders and teams.
Good to have
- Emotional intelligence and self-awareness: competent at managing your state and regularly self-assessing your performance (i.e. successes and opportunities for growth)
- Honesty and strong opinions: your ideas and feedback will be valued and requested often.
- Transparent and trustworthy: the foundation of any successful long term relationship in our eyes.
- Analytically minded: you should be confident making decisions on your own, based on past experiences, existing data, research and numerical insight.
- Punctuality and efficiency: you should be capable of managing your time effectively and meeting tight but realistic deadlines.
- Organised: you will be managing multiple brands, campaigns and stakeholders in various industries. It’s fun, but it is also a lot of plates to spin.
- 20 days annual leave, Christmas closing and all UK bank holidays
- Extra holiday on your birthday
- Flexible working with home/office hybrid
- Fast-track progression, personal development plans and individual training budget
- State of the art equipment
- Regular team nights and days out
- Free healthy snacks, breakfast items, coffee and beer
- Opportunity to travel
- Opportunity for EMI share options for high performers