We are looking for an innovative mid-weight WordPress & Shopify developer that’s ready to step up and grow with our ambitious agency.
- Developing UI/UX concepts and planning website functionality in collaboration with clients and the design team.
- Create bespoke Shopify themes and templates
- Testing and maintaining of backend and front end web applications.
- Brainstorming, experimenting and implementing new tech, programming languages and integrations.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technology and programming trends.
- Untangling legacy code
- Bug fixing, ad hoc web amends and executing security/maintenance updates.
- Writing clean, beautiful code and untangling legacy code.
- Building websites and mobile apps from scratch, an understanding of PWA would be beneficial,
- Implementing technical SEO across client websites.
- 2 years development experience crucial
- Competency with front end and back end development.
- Experience building integrations with APIs.
- Small portfolio of web and eComm development projects.
- A genuine passion and interest for code and tech.
- Ability to interpret designs into fluid, responsive and dynamic websites.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any given time and meet tight deadlines.
- Punctual and capable of managing your own time effectively: there will be times when we will have to meet tight deadlines togetherUnderstanding of technical SEO.
- Emotionally intelligent and self-aware: competent at managing your state and regularly self-assessing your performance (i.e. successes and opportunities for growth)
- Honest and opinionated: your ideas and feedback will be valued and requested often
- Transparent and trustworthy: the foundation of any successful long term relationship
- Analytically minded: you should be confident making decisions based on previous results, existing data, research and numerical insight
- Organised: you will be managing multiple campaigns, in various industries and sectors. It’s fun, but a lot to think about at once
Good to have
- An understanding of PWAs [Progressive Web Apps] and headless CMS would be beneficial.
- Some knowledge of WebGL or a desire to learn.
- Some knowledge of SQL or a desire to learn.
- Experience building eCommerce functionality.
- Experiencing deploying third party tracking and analytics; e.g. Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixel, Matomo and Hotjar.
- Salary negotiable DoE
- Company share options for the perfect candidate
- Option to work from home and be based out of either Cornwall and/or London.
- 20 days annual leave plus all UK bank holidays and your birthday off as a bonus.
- Office closing between Christmas and New Year.
- Huge opportunities for fast-track career progression at a high-growth agency.
- A commitment to developing our team as people and professionals with in-house personal development plans, training and quarterly reviews.
- Team socials and events
- Structured flexible working hours with option of home office days.