Junior Web Developer
We are looking for an innovative junior web developer, that’s ready to step up and grow with our ambitious agency.
This is a Kick-starter role, applicants must be aged 16-24 and be receiving Universal Credit.
- Developing UX concepts and planning website functionality in collaboration with clients and the design team.
- Assisting with the testing and maintenance of backend and front end web applications.
- Brainstorming, experimenting and implementing new tech and languages.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technology and programming trends.
- Converting video, audio, written, and graphic components into compatible formats for the web.
- Using user feedback to identify and correct problems with a client’s website.
- Bug fixing, ad hoc web amends and executing security/maintenance updates.
- Writing clean, beautiful code and untangling legacy code.
- Building websites and apps from scratch.
- Implementing technical SEO best practices.
- Competency with front end and back end development.
- Experience building integrations with APIs.
- Small portfolio of web development projects.
- A passion for code and technology – we cannot stress this enough.
- Ability to interpret designs into fluid, responsive and dynamic websites.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any given time and meet tight deadlines.
- Basic understanding of SEO.
Good to have
- An understanding of PWAs [Progressive Web Apps] and headless CMS would be beneficial.
- Some knowledge of SQL.
- Experience building eCommerce functionality.
- Experiencing deploying third party tracking and analytics; e.g. Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixel, Matomo and Hotjar.
- Competitive hourly rate.
- 20 days annual leave (pro rata) plus all UK bank holidays and your birthday off as a bonus.
- Office closing between Christmas and New Year.
- Huge opportunities for fast-track career progression at a high-growth agency.
- A commitment to developing our team as people and professionals with in-house personal development plans, training and quarterly reviews.
- Fresh fruit, healthy snacks and breakfast provided daily.
- Team socials and events.
- Conveniently located office in Penzance; just a 5 minute walk from the train station and the sea.
- Structured flexible working hours with option of home office days.