Junior Designer (part-time)
We’re looking for a problem-solving digital designer with vast experience in Adobe Creative Suite to support the Head of Design in our Cornwall office. The role requires a creative individual who is driven to push the work and consistently deliver brilliant ideas for some of the UK’s top FMCG brands and our wider client roster.
You should be skilled in using animation, digital design and typography to deliver a clear message and achieve commercial outcomes; a keen eye for detail and an ability to clearly articulate your ideas is vital.
- Writing and developing design briefs with clients and the Head of Design.
- Generating ideas and new design concepts in the form of storyboards and moodboards.
- Designing digital assets for use across social, display and websites using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Pushing the boundaries of multimedia design with creativity, animation and typography, while maintaining a commercial reality.
- Creating 30-40 branded assets for social; leaning into seasonal and cultural design trends.
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign & After Effects.
- A portfolio of design work and ideas that you are proud of.
- Ability to clearly articulate your ideas, thought process and rationale.
- Passion and confidence to fight for the ideas that you believe in.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Creative and artistic flair.
- Ability to take constructive criticism and feedback well, as well as give it.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
Good to have
- Experience with Illustrator, Premiere Pro & XD.
- An understanding of UI prototyping and UX wireframing.
- An understanding of 3D modelling and rendering, is not essential but would be a benefit.
- Competitive hourly rate.
- 20 days annual leave (pro rata) plus all UK bank holidays and your birthday off as a bonus.
- Office closing between Christmas and New Year.
- Huge opportunities for fast-track career progression at a high-growth agency.
- A commitment to developing our team as people and professionals with in-house personal development plans, training and quarterly reviews.
- Fresh fruit, healthy snacks and breakfast provided daily.
- Team socials and events.
- Conveniently located office in Penzance; just a 5 minute walk from the train station and the sea.
- Structured flexible working hours with option of home office days.