Finance & Operations Assistant
We are looking for a diligent, intelligent and driven Finance & Operations Assistant to assist with all aspects of bookkeeping duties including but not limited to payroll, quarterly VAT returns, invoicing. As well as operational duties including project management, planning, workflow management and internal communications.
This is a Kick-starter role, applicants must be aged 16-24 and be receiving Universal Credit.
- Respond to and deal with internal and external enquiries relating to accounts receivable activities.
- Monitor the accounts receivable ledger and upload invoices.
- Reconcile the company bank accounts against Xero accounting software.
- Monitor, reply and redirect, as appropriate the ‘accounts’ email inbox.
- Ad hoc finance reporting and other administration tasks and housekeeping as required.
- Following up with and reducing the debtors.
- New client account set up in Xero as required.
- Writing and issuing contracts to new clients.
- Analysing and identifying systems and processes to improve efficiency.
- Make recommendations to improve sales and delivery performance and oversee the implementation of those recommendations.
- Manage workflows via project management software to ensure all deadlines are hit.
- An entry-level finance, business, accounting or mathematics qualification.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel.
- Strong arithmetic and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Honesty, transparency and trustworthiness.
- Strong organisational skills.
Good to have
- Previous experience within a finance capacity.
- Experience using accounting or sales software including Xero, DocuSign and Keap.
- Competitive hourly rate.
- 20 days annual leave (pro rata) plus all UK bank holidays and your birthday off as a bonus.
- Office closing between Christmas and New Year.
- Huge opportunities for fast-track career progression at a high-growth agency.
- A commitment to developing our team as people and professionals with in-house personal development plans, training and quarterly reviews.
- Fresh fruit, healthy snacks and breakfast provided daily.
- Team socials and events.
- Conveniently located office in Penzance; just a 5 minute walk from the train station and the sea.
- Structured flexible working hours with option of home office days.