We are looking for a diligent, intelligent and trustworthy Bookkeeper to assist with all aspects of bookkeeping duties including but not limited to reconciling, payroll and invoicing.
- Respond to and deal with internal and external enquiries relating to accounts receivable activities.
- Monitor the accounts receivable ledger and upload invoices.
- Reconcile the company bank accounts against Xero accounting software.
- Monitor, reply and redirect, as appropriate the ‘accounts’ email inbox.
- Ad hoc finance reporting and other administration tasks and housekeeping as required.
- Identifying project barriers and obstacles, flagging these up before it becomes an issue.
- Writing meeting agendas and minutes.
- Following up with and reducing the debtors.
- New client account set up in Xero as required.
- Writing and issuing contracts to new clients.
- An entry-level finance, business, accounting or mathematics qualification.
- Experience using accounting software, specifically Xero.
- Previous experience in a finance, accounting or book keeping capacity
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
- Strong arithmetic and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Honesty, transparency and trustworthiness.
- Strong organisational skills.
Good to have
- Emotionally intelligent and self-aware: competent at managing your state and regularly self-assessing your performance (i.e. successes and opportunities for growth)
- Honest and opinionated: your ideas and feedback will be valued and requested often
- Transparent and trustworthy: the foundation of any successful long term relationship
- Analytically minded: you should be confident making decisions based on previous results, existing data, research and numerical insight
- Punctual and capable of managing your own time effectively: there will be times when we will have to meet tight deadlines together
Organised: you will be managing multiple campaigns, in various industries and sectors. It’s fun, but a lot to think about at once
- Competitive hourly rate.
- 20 days annual leave (pro rata) plus all UK bank holidays and your birthday off as a bonus.
- Office closing between Christmas and New Year.
- Huge opportunities for fast-track career progression at a high-growth agency.
- A commitment to developing our team as people and professionals with in-house personal development plans, training and quarterly reviews.
- Team socials and events.